Does Funza Lushaka Fund Unisa Students?
If you are a Unisa student who has been accepted into an Education programme or hopes to be, and you’re wondering whether the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme funds Unisa students, we have the answers you are looking for.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme is a bursary directed towards students who are studying teaching or wish to complete their degree in education or their postgrad in education.
If you are wondering whether Unisa student sare funded by Funza …
the answer is, yes they are.
Unisa students who are part of the education faculty can apply for funding at Funza Lushaka.
The bursary covers tuition, accommodation, textbooks, learning materials and a possible small allowance to cover the cost of living.
The requirements for the Funza bursary is:
- A valid South African ID number.
- Must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an at an accredited public University.
- The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity.
There are two types of qualifications that Funza covers, they are:
Undergraduate studies or a 4-year Bachelor of Education degree (B Ed), specializing in Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6), Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9) and FET Phase (Grade 10-12); and
Graduate studies or One-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Combined qualifications are also acceptable such as combine specialization in the Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3) and Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6), or the Intermediate Phase and Senior Phase, or the Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9) and FET Phase (Grade 10 –12).
So if you are a Unisa student or you wish to study Education through Unisa and you require extra funding, the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme can assist you.