Home Article Does NSFAS Fund CUT Students?

Does NSFAS Fund CUT Students?


Does NSFAS Fund CUT Students?

Central University of Technology students and future students, if you wish to continue on your academic journey but, do not have the funds to do so, there might be an option for you.


The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a funding scheme available for students who can’t afford to fund their own higher education.

Of the 26 universities across South Africa, NSFAS funds all, including the Central University of Technology (CUT).


So yes, NSFAS does fund CUT students.

There are however requirement that need to be met when applying for funding by NSFAS

The requirements are:

  • Household income must come to under R350 000 per year.
  • If you’re a person with a disability, household income must be under R600 000 per year.
  • SASSA beneficiaries immediately qualify.
  • Must be accepted or applying to a Public University or TVET college.
  • Must be a South African citizen.

There are also many supporting documents needed when applying.


They are:

  • Certified copy of your ID (not older than 3 months)
  • A signed and completed consent form (can be found when applying).
  • If you are dependent on your parents/guardian/spouse, please provide: Certified ID copies of parent/s, guardian, spouse (not older than 3 months). Proof of income of parent, guardian or spouse (payslip or appointment letter.
  • If you are self-sufficient (no parent/guardian support) please provide: Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter).
  • If you have a disability, please provide: Completed and signed Annexure A (Found when applying)
  • If you are an orphan, please provide: Completed and signed Declaration Form
  • Other documents required, if applicable: Retrenchment letter / UIF documentation; Death certificate/s; Divorce decree.

For more information about the NSFAS bursary click here 



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here