UFS & Media24: Matriculant of the Year Bursary 2021
UFS & Media24: Matriculant of the Year Bursary 2021 is open in various categories therefore qualify applicants can apply now before the closing date.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY COMPETITION – SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process will include the following steps:
1) The judges will select 25 semi-finalists who will then be assessed on a points scale, based on the application form information
2) The judges will select 14 finalists who will be interviewed by a panel of judges, in the month of September 2021.
3) The finalist will then be selected based on the best personal achievement and most spirited personality – the Matriculant of the Year will be announced at a prestigious gala dinner.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BURSARY COMPETITION
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be currently in Matric and be a top-achieving student
- You must have received excellent results/ shown great potential in one of these sectors: academics/ sports/ culture/ leadership
- You must intend on studying at the University of the Free State in the 2022 academic year
- You must be versatile and balanced
- You must be a student from a Quintiles 1 to 5 school OR from a private school (Quintile 1 represents the poorest schools and Quintile 5 represents the least poor schools in South Africa)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY COMPETITION
Students who are interested in applying, can contact Linda Greyling from the University of the Free State for further information and an application form
Email Linda Greyling at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with their application, so ensure you have them readily available when applying:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results (certified copy)
- Proof of any sport, culture or leadership achievements
- Passport sized photograph
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BURSARY COMPETITION
6 August 2021.
(Applications open on 1 April 2021).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY COMPETITION PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the UFS directly:
Contact person: Linda Greyling
Tel: 051 401 3384