SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022
SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022 is open in various categories therefore qualify applicants can apply now before the closing date.
SAMSTIP is offering prospective Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) teachers specialising in the fields of Mathematics and the Sciences an opportunity to secure bursaries to study for a one-year Post-graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) at UNISA.
The South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) is an ISASA initiative, in partnership with Investec Bank and the Department of Basic Education, that aims to address the critical lack of qualified mathematics and science teachers in South Africa.
Who can apply?
- Final year tertiary education students with Mathematics and Life Sciences or Natural Sciences or Physical Sciences credits.
- Graduates with the school subjects listed above.
- South African citizens who do not have a criminal record.
- Graduates below 30 years of age with Mathematics and Life Sciences or Natural Sciences or Physical Sciences majors.
- A Graduate who is already registered with a tertiary education institution for a PGCE is not eligible for the bursary.
- Applicants that meet the legal and institutional requirements of the university and have been accepted into the PGCE for the 2022 academic year.
- Applicants MUST have completed one of the above listed school subjects at a tertiary education institution (in their undergraduate qualification) up to at least second year level (NQF Level 6), and the other up to at least third year level (NQF Level 7).
HOW TO APPLY
The bursary will cover UNISA fees, textbooks, transport and accommodation allowance as well as a small monthly stipend.