African Scholars Fund Bursary South Africa 2021/2022
African Scholars Fund Bursary South Africa 2021/2022 is open in various categories therefore qualify applicants can apply now before the closing date.
Bursary awards will be granted to students within ALL fields of study, who pursue their studies at a FET College, N1 – N6 qualification and certain practical courses.
The bursary award will cover the cost of registration fees and course fees only.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 25 years of age or younger
- Completed Grade 10 Science and Mathematics (minimum)
- Currently studying or intend on studying on a full-time basis at a FET College,
- Studying currently in college and has achieved a minimum average of 50% for all exams and tests completed.
HOW TO APPLY AFRICAN SCHOLARS FUND BURSARY
The following documents must be submitted with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric report/ certificate (certified copy of)
- If in college: prior college exam statements of results
- If in college: current class test results
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ pension receipts/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter about why you deserve the bursary and your household circumstances (in applicants handwriting)
- A stamped and self-addressed envelope
Completed application forms and documents must be submitted via post to:
PO Box 294
(No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered).
First semester: 31 October 2021.
Second semester: 31 May 2021.
First trimester: 31 October 2021.
Second trimester: 31 March 2021.
Third trimester: 31 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact African Scholars’ Fund directly:
Contact Person: Asanda Gigaba (TVET Bursary Manager)
Tel: 021 689 9094/ 021 689 9431
Fax: 021 689 9240