University of the Free State Applications 2022 Are Open
University of the Free State (UFS) Applications for 2022 are open. Interested applicants are advised to apply now before the closing date.
The management of the University of the Free State (UFS) has released the 2022 application form online for applicants to apply.
At the University of the Free State they aim to transform lives and inspire excellence. If you want to do the same, apply to study at UFS now.
The University of the Free State has opened it’s 2022 applications so apply now!
UFS has nine faculties for prospective students to choose from:
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
- The Humanities
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Theology and Religion
Along with these faculties, they also offer Open Distance Learning and Business School. Students can also participate in more than 22 different sport disciplines.
How to Apply UFS Online Application 2022
- Before you start your application process, make sure you have
- an active email address and a reliable cell phone number
- scanned copies (not photographs) of your identity document / passport and grade 11 final results.
- latest academic transcript and certificate of conduct if you are transferring from another tertiary institution
- Go to https://apply.ufs.ac.za/
- Click on ‘New Application’
- Follow the prompts and fill in details
- Submit relevant documents
- Submit completed application
Application Closing Dates
1 September Applications to study any University Access Programme (UAP) offered on the South Campus and the sub-regions
31 May MBChB, Radiation Sciences, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Biokinetics
31 July Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Nursing
31 August International Undergrad applications
30 September Geology, Forensic Sciences, Music, Social Work, Community Development, All non-selection programmes, Application from students transferring from other tertiary institutions
1 November Fine Arts
30 November All University Access Programmes on the South Campus and the sub-regions
Selection Forms for Health Sciences
- School for Allied Health Professionals form found here
- Occupational Therapy form found here
- Medical Certificate form found here
If you are not applying online and submitting a hard copy application, you can find the Application Form here.
At UFS, they promote diversity, inclusivity, and transformation. Join them in their pursuit of academic excellence and innovation.They are continuously generating new knowledge through essential and captivating projects. Their top notch researchers produce critical knowledge, generate third-stream income, and contribute to the economy.
Their ever-expanding facilities and knowledge base present many opportunities for scholars to impact locally and globally.
They have three unique campuses: Bloemfontein Campus, Qwaqwa Campus, South Campus.
What do you need to study at the University of the Free State?
- You have an NSC or NCV with an endorsement that allows entrance to degree studies (Bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent qualification.
- You meet all the minimum admission requirements for the programme you intend to study. Meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen/intended programme of study, does not guarantee admission, as limited spaces are available in each programme.
- You have a minimum level of 4 (50%) in the chosen UFS language of instruction: English or Afrikaans (only applicable to certain programmes).
- You must pass certain school subjects with a minimum level of achievement in order to take a certain university module. Please refer to the section on the faculty-specific admission requirements, which also includes the respective compulsory subjects and achievement levels required per programme.
Keep in mind that all programmes have limited space available; therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.