SAMSTIP Bursary 2021/2022
South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) Bursary 2021/2022 is open in various categories therefore qualify applicants can apply now before the closing date.
SAMSTIP in partnership with the Department of Basic Education and Investec are providing teacher intern bursary awards to prospective Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) teachers, who will specialise in the fields of Mathematics and Sciences.
The bursary will cover one of the following UNISA degrees:
- 4 year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) qualification
- 1 year postgraduate (PGCE) qualification
The bursary will cover the following expenses: UNISA tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, small stipend and an allowance for transport and accommodation.
Over and above the bursary award, students will be given the following opportunities: training at ISASA member schools, provided with teaching and learning resources and technology, mentorship from qualified school teachers, academic enrichment programme.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- Completed Matric with a Bachelor pass
- Studying towards one of the aforementioned education qualifications
- Studying through UNISA
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics, English and Science (Life Science or Physical Science)
- Current tertiary students: have credits for Mathematics and Science (Life Science or Physical Science)
- Graduate students: have majors in Mathematics and/or Science
HOW TO APPLY SAMSTIP BURSARY
Download SAMSTIP Bursary Pdf
Applications must be done online at: http://www.mathsenglish.org/intern-applications/
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Motivational letter
15 May 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ISASA directly:
Contact Person: Slindile Shelembe
Tel: 011 648 1331