Independent Examinations Board (IEB) Matric Results for Pupils 2024.
Getting your Matric results is a major step in your school journey and is the first step to the rest of your future career. Here’s how IEB learners can collect their final Matric results.
What do matric symbols mean?
Higher certificate pass
Learners with a higher certificate pass may only study at an institution that offers higher certificate courses or you can study towards a course that does not require matric. To get a higher certificate pass you have to;
- Obtain 40% in your Home Language.
- At least 40% in two other subjects.
- At least 30% for three other subjects.
Learners with a diploma pass can study at a college and get a diploma certificate. Learners can also study at a university that offers diploma courses. To get a diploma pass you have to;
- Get at least 40% in your home language
- At least 40% in three other subjects
- At least 30% for two other subjects
Learners with a bachelor’s pass can apply to study at university, college or any school of higher education. Acceptance will depend on the course and university requirements. To get a bachelor’s pass you have to;
- Obtain at least 40% in your home language
- At least 50% in four other subjects
- At least 30% in two other subjects
Where to get your matric results
Learners can also access their results via SMS by registering through an SMS system.
IEB SMS line
IEB learners can receive their results via SMS by registering. To register for this service you need to send an SMS to 35135, including your ID number and exam number. You will receive a message confirming that your registration has been successful.
It is important to note that SMSs are not free, this registration process will cost around R3.
How to Check IEB Matric Results
- Pupils will be able to find their results online using the IEB website when they are released.
- Results can also be accessed via SMS, using the following options:
- If the IEB has been provided with your cellphone number, your results will automatically be sent to the number provided.
- You can register by SMS by sending an SMS to 35135.
- The SMS should read: Results (your examination number) (your DOB yyyymmdd)
- You will then receive a message notifying you that the registration has been
successful and you will receive your results when they are released.
- The SMS costs R3.
As for your certificate/statement of results that is released by UMALUSI, they will be sent to your school in April after the Matric results release.