BBD Bursary 2021
BBD Bursary 2021 is open in various categories therefore qualify applicants can apply now before the closing date.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Every year, BBD invite IT students who are passionate about technology, and creating and building software, to apply for their bursary programme. The BBD Bursary & Beyond Programme are inviting applications for the 2022 academic year.
Students who are either studying, or have been accepted to study in the following fields may apply (BSc, BEng, BCom or BIS degree at Bachelors, Honours, Masters or Doctorate level):
- Computer and Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Game Design
- Information Technology
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide coverage of university tuition fees and a monthly allowance for living expenses and incidentals. Apart from the financial aspect of the bursary, students will also receive support and mentorship throughout their studies.
For 1 week of every year, all BBD bursary recipients are required to attend an onsite workshop where they will meet other bursars and experience the BBD culture. The Vac Week workshop will include partaking in a group project where you will use the latest tech to create fun, practical solutions. Students will also gain practical experience throughout the programme and have exposure to a variety of technologies and tools. After graduation, students will be placed in the BBD Graduate Programme and begin working on real project teams.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Must be studying or accepted to study within on of the aforementioned fields of study (Bachelors, Honours, Masters or Doctorate)
- Must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric, if currently in Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of of 65% for tertiary studies, if currently studying
- Must be passionate about technology, and creating and building software
- Must be interested in software development
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: BBD Bursary & Beyond Programme 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results or Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcripts, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- University acceptance letter (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Link to your personal coding projects on GitHub or equivalent platform, if applicable
Please note: by applying for this bursary, you are consenting to BBD verifying your educational qualifications and employment history, as well as conducting a credit check and criminal check from a registered credit bureau or SAPS.
Applications are currently OPEN.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact BBD directly:
Tel: 011 532 8300
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
or submit your query via their contact form: https://bbdsoftware.com/contact-us/