Looking for a Bursary? We bring your way, THE COMPANY – ABSIP South Africa Bursary 2022. Another exciting chance to apply for this opportunity of an Academic life.
Do you know that the THE COMPANY – ABSIP South Africa Bursary is up for grabs again this year? Well, if you have ever dreamed of applying to any Bursary in 2022, THE COMPANY – ABSIP South Africa Bursary is open for you.
Before you go hurrying off to drop an application, ensure that you’re qualified for the Bursary you selected. Once you’re sure of this, you proceed to submit your resume.
The THE COMPANY – ABSIP South Africa Bursary is meant for both South African and International students that need assistance in their education. More so, the Bursary covers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Therefore, if you are a student looking to further your education at the undergraduate or Master’s level, this chance is for you.
- 1 THE COMPANY – ABSIP South Africa Bursary Details
- 1.1 ABOUT THE COMPANY – ABSIP
- 1.2 ABOUT THE ABSIP BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
- 1.3 MORE ABOUT THE ABSIP BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
- 1.4 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ABSIP BURSARY
- 1.5 HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ABSIP BURSARY
- 1.6 CLOSING DATE FOR THE ABSIP BURSARY
- 1.7 CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
THE COMPANY – ABSIP South Africa Bursary Details
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ABSIP
The Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP) was founded in order to address the shortage of black professionals within the investment and securities industry, as well as to engage in a way to make a positive impact on the economy.
Established in 1995, ABSIP is now highly influential in the Financial Sector transformation and is affiliated with the BBC (Black Business Council).
ABSIP members include individuals who are new to the Financial Services Sector, as well as professionals with many years of experience. The companies membership includes a range of sub-sectors, including: Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Retail Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Insurance, Employee Benefits, Corporate Finance, Stock Broking, Private Equity, Financial and Corporate Managerial Consulting, Treasury and Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
ABOUT THE ABSIP BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The ABSIP National Executive Committee is inviting students to apply for the STANLIB Bursary, for the 2022 academic year.
STANLIB, partnered with ABSIP, is offering bursary funding to historically disadvantaged students, for studies towards an Investment Management career related qualification, at selected universities.
Preference will be given to students pursuing Bachelor of Business Science (BBusSc), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) and Bachelor of Science (BSc) qualifications, with subjects: in Economics, Business Finance, Investment Management, Financial Analysis, Mathematics and Statistics
MORE ABOUT THE ABSIP BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance (textbooks/ course material), laptop, accommodation and a stipend.
Bursary recipients may also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work, from 3rd year onwards – this will be facilitated by STANLIB Learning and Development/ Human Capital.
Bursaries are renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ABSIP BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the ABSIP Bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be Black (as defined by the B-BBEE Act)
- You must be studying full-time towards an Investment Management career related qualification
- You must be accepted and or enrolled at one of these universities: University of Cape Town, University of Western Cape, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of Witwatersrand, Rhodes University, University of Free State, University of Fort Hare, University of Limpopo, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Zululand, University of Venda, Walter Sisulu University or Nelson Mandela University
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 75% for core academic modules/ subjects
- You must intend on pursuing a career within the Investment field
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT have permanent work experience (except for vacation work experience)
- You must NOT be a STANLIB employee or a relative of a STANLIB employee
- You must preferably also demonstrate leadership qualities and have participated in extramural activities (sports, debating, chess clubs etc)
- You must sign up for a free ABSIP student membership (sign up here)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ABSIP BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: ABSIP Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Academic Record/ Transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Quote or fee statement from your University (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter stating why you wish to study or are studying towards an Investment Management qualification (1 page)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ABSIP BURSARY
25 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP) directly:
Tel: 010 203 9025
Email: [email protected]